Aunt Hannah’s Foolproof Peanut Butter Fudge2013-05-23
- Yield : 1
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 30m
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
5 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
1 dash salt
7 ounces marshmallow creme
14 ounces peanut butter (Jiff \ good quality peanut butter is a MUST)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Lightly butter or grease a 13×9 pan; set aside.
2. Measure out peanut butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla onto a large, lightly buttered or greased plate; set aside.
3. Place evaporated milk and sugar into a large heavy pot; stir until combined. Add butter or margarine and salt.
4. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring; adjust heat until a consistent medium-boil is achieved. (You need to lower the heat if the bubbles are popping and spurting dangerously close to your hand while stirring.).
5. Boil 12 minutes (more or less), stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat; quickly add remaining ingredients and beat by hand until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour into prepared pan. Let cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
8. Note for subsequent batches: If your batch is less firm than you’d like, increase cooking time a minute or so. If it’s too firm, or becomes dry or crystal-ly when cooled, decrease cooking time or add more peanut butter.