Baja Fish Tacos2013-05-26
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 27m
2 lbs mahi mahi (or other firm white fish)
1/2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
3 tablespoons lime juice
5 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt, to taste
8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups coleslaw (try Southwestern slaw)
1 cup chipotle pico de gallo
1/2 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
1. Using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a moderate coating of white ash(If using a gas grill, preheat to medium high). Spread the coals in an even bed.
2. Cut the mahi-mahi into 16 equal slices.
3. Combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt. Coat the mahi-mahi with the marinade.
4. Grill the fish on the first side over direct heat until the flesh is firm and well marked, about 2 minutes. Turn the fish and grill until cooked through, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more.
5. Grill the tortillas until they have light grill marks and are heated through, about 15 seconds on the first side. Turn the tortillas and grill them until they just start to bubble, another 15 seconds.
6. Place 2 pieces of grilled fish on the center of each tortilla, and top with the Southwestern Slaw and chipotle pico de gallo. Add a dollop of Mexican crema or sour cream, fold in half, and serve immediately. Enjoy!