City Market Peach Cobbler2013-05-27
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:45 h
6 -8 cups sliced peaches, fresh” or” frozen (thawed)
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup orange juice
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening (I use Crisco butter-flavored sticks)
1/4 cup ice water
1. Combine peaches, lemon juice and orange juice.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, spices and cornstarch.
3. Heat peaches, juices and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted.
4. Mix in dry ingredients; remove from heat and set aside while you prepare crust.
5. Sift flour, sugar and salt together.
6. Add shortening and mix until crumbly.
7. Whip egg and water together, then sprinkle onto flour mixture.
8. Mix just until dough forms.
9. Chill for 30 minutes.
10. Roll out 1/2 of dough and put in bottom and 1/2″ up the sides of a 9″x 13″ baking dish.
11. Bake in 350� oven for 20 minutes.
12. Pour peach filling into crust.
13. Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips.
14. Cover filling with dough strips.
15. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
16. Bake 35-40 minutes.