- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
4 pieces calamari, sliced into rings
2/3 cup stale breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
oil (for deep frying)
tartar sauce (for serving)
1. Mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place into a plastic bag so you can shake the crumbs onto the calamari.
2. Beat the egg and combine with the milk and place this into a small dish.
3. Heat the oil up to 160C degrees.
4. Dip the calamari rings individually into the egg/milk mix and then into the plastic bag and shake.
5. The calamari should be well coated.
6. Deep fry until a nice brown tinge. I tend to fry mine for about 4-5 minutes. It also depends on the calamari some it is better at a lower heat for longer. This rule especially applies to bought crumbed calamari.
8. Serve with tartar sauce.