Easy Rhubarb Cobbler2013-05-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
4 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces (no subs please!)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup full-fat milk
1. Set oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
3. Mix the rhubarb and 1 cup sugar, and place in the baking dish.
4. To make the cobbler batter: combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Cut in the cold butter to make a crumbly mixture.
6. In a small bowl, whisk/combine the egg and half and half cream.
7. Add to the dry ingredients; stir with a fork to create a stiff batter.
8. Drop by spoonfuls on top the rhubarb/sugar mixture in the baking dish (does not have to cover completely).
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
10.Serve warm topped with ice cream.