Fresh Peach Cobbler, the Absolutely Best Ever2013-05-13
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 1:20 h
- Ready In : 1:50 h
6 tablespoons tapioca
6 -7 cups fresh peaches, sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
1 cup sugar (omit if using sweetened canned peaches)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
cinnamon, to taste
nutmeg, to taste
1/2 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca, peaches, sugar (if used), cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the fruit mixture into a buttered 9″ X 13″ baking dish.
5. In a bowl mix thoroughly the ingredients for the Cobbler Dough.
6. Spread over the fruit mixture.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together DRY cobbler topping ingredients.
8. Sprinkle evenly over the cobbler dough layer.
9. Then pour the boiling water evenly over the cobbler.
10. (Do Not Stir.) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top has a golden crust.