Gluten-Free High Protein Bean Bread2013-05-27
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 2:0 h
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:30 h
2 1/2 cups gluten free bread mix (not self-raising)
1/2 lb kidney bean, cooked, drained
1 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 scoop whey, or
1/2 scoop soy protein
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seed
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1. In a mixer bowl, combine bread mix, salt and baking soda with a wire whisk.
2. Make a well in the center, put the yeast and honey into the well and slowly stir in some of the lukewarm water to just dissolve the yeast.
3. Let rest while you place the beans, olive oil, protein powder and 1/2 cup of the lukewarm water. Process until the beans are pureed, maybe add a little more water. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
4. Dump bean puree and seeds into the flour with the starting yeast and quickly mix.
5. The dough should have batter consistency, just too wet to make a kneadable dough but not so wet that it is runny. It should be sticky to the touch.
6. Knead the dough / batter for 10 minutes, scraping down the hooks every now and then.
7. Cover with foil and a towel and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
8. Punch the dough down (it should have doubled by now) and let again rise for 30 minutes.
9. Pour batter into well greased 4 x 9” loaf pan, smooth with a wet spoon and let rise for another 30 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the bread for about 30-40 minutes.
11. After 30 minutes test if a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
12. Remove bread from pan immediately when done and let cool on a wire rack.