Gourmet Peanut Butter Cups2013-05-23
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 1:20 h
- Ready In : 2:5 h
18 ounces milk chocolate
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar
1. Melt 12 ounces of chocolate (a little more than 2 cups) in a small sauce pan.
2. Put roughly 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each silicon baking cup, spread chocolate up the side of cup with a silicon brush. (Silicon brush is much easier to clean).
3. Put cups into muffin tin for stability and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Keep sauce pan on stove (with the burner turned off) with extra chocolate.
4. Remove from fridge.Use leftover chocolate to brush over thin spots in the baking cups. You shouldn’t need to reheat the chocolate, it will be thickened nicely to coat the sides again.
5. Place in fridge for another 20 minutes.
6. Mix peanut butter, vanilla and icing sugar. Divide peanut butter filling between 12 chocolate filled cups (roughly 2 Tbsp a piece). Shaking the muffin pan will help to smooth and even out the peanut butter filling in the cups.
7. Melt 6 ounces of chocolate in saucepan, spoon melted chocolate evenly among the 12 cups.
8. Place in fridge for 30 minutes until chilled and chocolate hardens.
9. Remove silicon baking cups, cut in half and share with a friend.