Huevos Rancheros Tostados2013-06-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
4 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup picante sauce
1 -2 tablespoon ketchup
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
hot sauce (optional)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450*F.
2. Lightly coat both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray, and place on baking sheet. Bake at 450*F. for 5 minutes on each side, or until tortillas are crisp.
3. Meanwhile, combine the picante sauce, ketchup, and pinto beans in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
4. Make small wells in the bean mixture with a wooden spoon 2″ apart.
5. Break a an egg into each well, and sprinkle evenly with salt.
6. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until egg is desired doneness.
7. Place one tortilla on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1 egg.
8. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbls. cheddar cheese, if using, 1 tbls. chopped cilantro and a dash of hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!