Oven Baked Ribs2013-05-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:40 h
1 1/2 kg beef ribs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup treacle
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
1. In a large pan, combine ribs and enough cold water to cover.
2. Bring to the boil. Cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain ribs.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
4. Add the spring onions; gently fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
5. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; reserve 1 cup of sauce.
6. Preheat oven to 180c.
7. Line a shallow dish with foil.
8. Place ribs in dish; brush both sides with sauce.
9. Cover with foil; Bake, brushing with more sauce and turning every 20 minutes until tender and cooked through, about 1 hour.
10. Place ribs on a serving platter and serve immediately with reserved heated sauce.