Potatoes Au Gratin2013-05-22
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
2 large russet potatoes, peeled,halved,and sliced very thin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
4 ounces gruyere cheese or 4 ounces quality swiss cheese, shredded or sliced thin
2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced thin
8 ounces chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Grease 8 by 8 baking dish.
3. Toss potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg.
4. Layer potatoes in dish.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Repeat layers ending with potatoes.
7. Cover with broth and dot with butter.
8. Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
9. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 1 hour, or until top is golden and crusty.
10. Serve immediately.