Pumpkin Cake Roll With Cream Cheese Filling2013-05-23
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. CAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 15×10-inch baking pan. Line pan with wax paper; butter paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix (I used a wisk) the sugar, flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in eggs and pumpkin until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. Place clean kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Fold 1 side of towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake completely (I did it in the fridge).
4. FILLING: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until well blended and smooth. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
5. ASSEMBLY: Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Trim ends of cake.
6. Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle cake with additional confectioners’ sugar just before serving.