- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
1 lb skinless chicken breast half
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
1. With knife held in slanting position, almost parallel to cutting surface, cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
2. In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and crushed red pepper; add chicken, tossing to coat.
3. In wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
4. Add green onions and red and green peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. With slotted spoon transfer vegetables to bowl.
6. Increase heat to high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; heat until very hot.
7. Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken looses its pink color throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. (I suggest cutting one of the larger pieces to make sure it is cooked through.).
8. Return vegetables to pan; heat through.
9. To serve, transfer chicken and vegetables to warm platter and sprinkle with peanuts.