The Most Awesome Apple Dumplings2013-05-18
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup cold butter, cut into 32 pieces
1/2 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 -3 apples, sliced and peeled
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Beat egg, add to flour mixture.
4. Add vinegar and water to flour mixture.
5. Mix until dough forms.
6. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter for sauce.
7. Add brown sugar, water, and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Roll out dough into 4 pieces.
10. Place 3-4 apple slices on each piece of dough, wrap dough around apples; covering completely.
11. Place apple dumplings, seam side down in 8 x 8 inch square baking pan.
12. Pour sauce over dumplings.
13. Bake in preheated 375 oven for 30 minutes.
14. Serve with icecream or whipped cream.